The kiddos are out of school for a good portion of this week so it's time to do some quick and easy crafting.
Here's what the Bug and I did today... we made mummies!
Want to make your own? They are soooooo easy and super cheap!
Here's what you need:
- some empty boxes...go dig into your recycling, you'll probably find lots
- white fabric or a cheap white sheet (I used an old sheet that I already had)
- glue gun
and here's what you do:
- Start by putting your boxes back into box form - mine were collapsed for recycling. Then set aside.
- Tear sheet or fabric into strips. You can cut them but the torn edges look more mummy-ish (yes, I made that word up!) You won't need the full sheet but tear a pretty good sized pile just for good measure.
- Now it's time to start wrapping the box. Simply add a dot of glue to the place you want to start, then adhere the fabric in place and wrap. Once you are at the end of that fabric strip add another glue dot to hold it in place and then start the process over until the box is completely wrapped.
- Once the box is wrapped, add your googly eyes.
- and now the next step is to display them.
See, told you it was easy!